Adapted from epicurious.com, Bon Appetit, August 2001
4 Tbsp flour
4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 ½ lbs pork cutlets (fresh ham cutlets or fresh ham steak)
3 ½ Tbsp olive oil
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup orange juice
6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine on a plate: flour, ground cumin, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper.
- Coat pork cutlets in mixture. Shake off excess.
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pork and sauté for about 3 minutes per side, until just barely cooked through. Don’t overcook!
- Transfer pork to serving plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to skillet.
- Add garlic cloves and sauté for 10 seconds.
- Add orange juice and fresh lemon juice (from 2 or 3 lemons).
- Boil until slightly thickened (about 30 seconds).
- Pour sauce over pork and serve. Great with black beans, mangoes, orange wedges, rice.